On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Jim Jannuzzo <jsqu...@msn.com> wrote:

> OK, now you've done it.  Give the people a little information and they
> come back for more.I did this, and get the error message "Peak is outside
> valid range".  Am I that far out of calibration?

Yes. My 5000 without calibration was never more than about 5Hz off. This is
why I asked you to check to see if you have inadvertently selected Ext Ref.

> The Panadapter's peak display reads 10.000.009  when the frequency is set
> to 10.000.000 .  There is also a display next to the panadapter peak
> (bottom right) that reads 8.8 Hz .
> Align, return, fagedabowdih?

Setup>General>Hardware Config>Use Ext. Ref Input.

If that is not checked then click the "Factory Defaults" button to create a
fresh database and try again.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.