Hi Bob,
If it's OK with everyone, I'd like to count this as my "oh duh" moment for today (my target is no more than one per day). I wasn't thinking about decimation. However, assuming a bandwidth of 192 kHz and a sample rate of 245 MHz, doesn't that only give an extra 5 bits or so of effective resolution? That still leaves us 3 bits short of the 5000A ADC, which still means 18 dB less dynamic range.

Maybe I missed it in the PDF file, but I didn't see a dynamic range spec.

73,
Clay  W7CE