That is very interesting and not mentioned at all in the brochure.  It
would be awesome to be able to create a slice for each CW band segment
and output that in some way to skimmer for multiple band decoding
similar to the QS1R.  Or maybe Alex would be willing to work on an
interface to connect skimmer server via IP to the 6700/6500 to decode
based on the limits setup by the Skimmer server software.  If that
were possible I could sell my QS1R :)

On 5/24/12, Robert McGwier <rwmcgw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the 6700, there are 8 slice receivers but each of those will be capable
> of supporting multiple sub RX as in PSDR.  We have not decided how many
> software receivers to run on the DaVinci per slice and if we did,  how you
> might use them.
>
> Right now,  I want one per slice to be perfect.
>
> Bob
>  On May 24, 2012 11:44 AM, "Jerry Flanders" <jefland...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> OOPS! I just re-read the PDF brochure: "Slice Receivers allow you to
>> simultaneously visually and audibly monitor multiple frequencies within
>> the
>> same band or multiple bands ". Looks like we will have audio to use.
>> Multiple means at least 2, and maybe 4/8. I don't see the hardware
>> connection points, so maybe we will have audio streaming over the
>> ethernet
>> to the PC client. My error.
>>
>> Jerry W4UK

>>> We know that reception as panadaptor views of those 4-8 slices are
>>> planned, but we don't know if we will have audio from 4-8 "receivers"
>>> available for use in some worthwhile way. Might be disappointing to
>>> assume
>>> that ordinary functions will all be available in an extraordinary radio,
>>> then find they are not.
>>>
>>> Jerry W4UK

>>> Archives: