Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 8:48 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] VU5K End of Production Notice

When you are dealing with today's state of the art technology this should be of no surprise. When I bought my Flex 5000 I expect no more than 10 years service. Flex is not your fathers or grandfathers's Hallicrafters, Hallicrafters etc last but on the other hand Hallicrafters radios cannot match up aspects like a panadapter in the Flex. We don't expect more than 5 years out of our computers and Flex is half computer. The demise of the VU5K is a warning of what you are dealing with. It is not Flex so much as this is the world we live in.
That said, I still prefer my Flex for how ever long it can be maintained.
Burt

-----
No virus found in this message.