Sorry, my previous message went out with erroneous title, (I'm up way past my bedtime.)

Please disregard previous message in favor of this one as here are minor edits downpage.

If you look in C:\Program Files (X86)\FlexRadio\PowerSDRv2.1.x\FlexControlyy you will find more of the path name mentioned in the FlexControl instructions but looking where told doesn't work.

Rest of message should be pertinent.

My new Flex-Control has arrived and I tried to install it on my new Flex
5000 under Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I tried to follow the included instructions with blind obedience so as to
not wander off the straight and narrow but no joy, I got the message
predicted by the instruction sheet, "Installing New Driver." And then while
expecting to see the message, "Flex Control driver is successfully
installed" and "The device is ready for use" I instead was told there was an
error, the driver was not installed. I tried again but using the same USB
port did not trigger the attempt to install the driver. I plugged the Flex
Control into another USB port and got the same results as above, a swing and
a miss, repeated for some other USB ports. No joy.

The instructions state that "If there is ever a need to manually tell
windows where to find the driver files, tell Windows that the drivers are
in:
C:\Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\PowerSDRv2.1.x\FlexControlyy where x is
the dot release and yy  is 32 or 64 (bits of OS)

The path name given does not exist within my PowerSDR installation.  There
is a C:\Program Files\FlexRadio\"BlahBlahBlah"  where there are 7 choices
for Blah etc.

PowerSDR installed OK or so it seemed as the radio worked and I copied WWV,
some SSB and CW sigs. Now I get a strong series of apparent 9 bit digital
words (all ones) repeated over and over and over on all bands Loud and obnoxious).

Any ideas?  Is there a way to manually install the driver(s) for the
FlexControl under Windows 7 Professional 64 bit? Is there a simple way to "reset" the USB ports (restore their virginity as regards FlexControl insertion so the system will try again to install the drivers?

So far it is a cool looking
accessory with three lights, three buttons, and a knob but, of course, no
function.

Tia for any assistance,

73 Patrick AF5CK