From: Jim Jannuzzo
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:20 AM
To: patric...@windstream.net ; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] FlexControl install issues

Patrick,
I found that DDutil supports the Flex Knob even better than PowerSDR does.  It
gives more control options, expecially some I wanted.  In addition, since I
have a little VB script to start everything in order and delay starts by a few
seconds, DDutil brings up the Knob after PSDR is up and running.
I'm going to guess that you're having a problem with Windows trying to
re-assign COM ports on you.  It does that, and I don't like it.  If PSDR has
assigned the Knob to COM 5, and Windows decides to reassign something to COM 5,
then PSDR will not be happy at all.  I forced the Knob COM assignment to where
I wanted it to go by opening Control Panel, Device Manager, Ports(COM &LPT),
and then choosing FlexControl USB Control Knob.  From here, I went to the Port
Settings tab, and clicked Advanced.  The Port Setting is at the bottom left of
Advanced.  I used COM 7, which is over any other physical serial ports.
Jim KJ2P