On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Ted Trostle <ttrostl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...When I upgraded to WIN 7, the install process replaced the drivers for
> the
> built in Firewire adapter in my Toshiba laptop. By re-installing the OEM
> legacy drivers..

========
Ted, I found something similar when I built a computer to use with a Flex
1500. My windows installation came with generic drivers for USB 2.0 and
3.0, and I used them without thinking. They worked fine with all my other
hardware, but the 1500's performance was erratic. After a tip from my
computer scientist son I wised up and installed the specific OEM drivers
that came with the motherboard, and made sure that I was using a USB 2.0
only port. Others who are having mysterious glitches may check for this or
related driver problems by looking in device manager. Your USB or Firewire
driver should be one that is specifically written for your hardware, not a
generic driver.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352