It is a momentary contact switch and the panel clearance hole is very close. I had to slightly loosen the front panel and shift it a small amount to prevent it from sticking.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike - KM0T
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:46 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 5000 Power Button

Hi all, just got my flex-5000 going again here and the power switch does not
appear to work.  I noticed it a few months ago that the flex was "on" when
it should not have been.  I have tried to turn off with the blue front
button, but it won't go off.  So I have been pulling the DC plug.  Plugging
the DC back in directly, the flex waits a few seconds and turns "on" without
touching the front panel on switch.  Seems to be working fine other than
that.  Any ideas to "reset" the switch, or is it just a bad switch - failed
in the on position.  Note that the switch does light up with the blue color
when the DC power is applied.

Thanks and 73

Mike - KM0T