Regardless of legal concerns, the laws exist for a reason, attempting to operate a laptop while driving is extremely dangerous to yourself and everyone around you. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you or approaching you from the opposite direction. Don't do it! I had a very close call a couple of months ago with someone going the other way who was texting while driving - I'd like to wring his neck! If you are going to operate while parked or while someone else is driving have fun.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Michael Walker wrote:
If you are not the driver while operating HF, then the 3000 makes sense.
 If you are the driver, then the 706 or any of the newer HF mobiles are a
better choice.

Mike va3mw