Robert Costa, KB6QXM wrote:
All,

As there is always excitement and some confusion around any significant
release, I always like to wait till much of the loud roar dies down before
jumping on the next release. I read the release notes specific to the F5k, as
it applies to me.

As I do not have a high dpc latency computer and even though there were some
fixes, I saw no new functionality.

Can someone explain to me what is the advantage of this release over 2.3.5?
I am hoping for better CW performance and that's one of the improvements mentioned. I use an external Winkeyer USB which works fine most of the time but I have noticed some perfectly readable but choppy sounding CW at times and I'm hoping for an improvement in that regard. I haven't checked that out yet. The first order of business is cleaning up the profile problem which we are discussing in another thread.

73, Rich - W3ZJ
Has there been any defined bugs already identified in this release?

You can contact me on or offline.

Thank you.

73,
Robert