Where does it say in the release notes that the MME driver has been eliminated?
I just reviewed the PDF again - perhaps I missed it.

I haven't installed 2.4.4 yet, but it will be disappointing if software that uses the MME interface is no longer supported. I still support SSTV and other software we published in the 90's before kernel streaming was
implemented, which is why I ask.

Thanks,
Jim N7CXI