If your TX bandwidth filter is set for 200 to 2900, I don't see how EQ
settings much outside that range will do anything. So, I set 32, 63, 8K, 16K
all to -12dB. The 125 and 4K settings, while outside of your TX bandwidth,
may still have a mild effect (if any) because of the skirts of the EQ
response for those ranges (I'm not sure how the DSP EQ algorithms mirror
analog behavior). Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm sure this knowledgeable group
will straighten me out!

I use the Heil headset, and have had good results as follows for general
(non-DX) QSOs:

125 -3, 250 -2, 500 0, 1K +2, 2K +5, 4K +6

Remember that each little "tick" on the EQ chart represents 3 dB. The above
settings give a fine crisp response with the Heil, while leaving some of the
pleasant lower end. Disclaimer: this reflects my preference to avoid the big
bassy sound on SSB. You may feel differently.

For DX punch, you might try this as a starting point:

125 -12, 250 -6, 500 -3, 1K +3, 2K +6, 4K +9

The idea is to concentrate your TX energy in the part of the vocal range
that provides the most intelligibility, and ditch much of the low end that
robs power and does nothing for clarity.

It occurs to me that if the TX bandwidth filter is not first in the DSP
audio chain, then excessive low/high audio frequencies might make things get
really strange when they hit the compander/compressor algorithms. In other
words, the raw mic audio should go through the TX filter first, then the
other processing later. I'd love to have someone confirm these DSP "circuit"
arrangements.