From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of James
Austin
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:52 AM
To: Robert Costa, KB6QXM
Cc: FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] PSDR and Windows 8 upgrade

For running your Flex and it's associated applications, there is no
advantage over Win7-64.

They made some significant changes to the GUI, removed the start
button, replacing it with a brand new full screen start screen, moved
a bunch of stuff around, etc. Personally, I find important parts of it
awkward to use with a keyboard and mouse.

I would read some reviews on the internet before upgrading your
computers. If you do choose to upgrade, do an image backup of your
Win7 system ahead of time, so you can get it back if you don't like
Win8. Better yet, install it on a spare hard drive and evaluate it
there first.

I use it every day at work out of necessity and have no desire to
upgrade my Win7 system at home. My Flex and every other piece of
software I use is running fine, nothing gained by rocking the boat.

Jim KA2RVO

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Robert Costa, KB6QXM <kb6...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Considering the inexpensive upgrade to Windows 8, is anyone else considering
> the move to their
Flex PC on October 26th.