I have been ruining the Windows 8 Consumer Preview since February when it was released and have not had any problems with ham applications. There are a number of sites that discuss the pros and cons of it. This one is particularly interesting:

<http://www.extremetech.com/computing/138177-under-the-hood-of-windows-8-or-why-desktop-users-should-upgrade-from-windows-7>

I plan to take advantage of the introductory pricing  as well.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Robert Costa, KB6QXM wrote:
All,

Considering the inexpensive upgrade to Windows 8, is anyone else considering
the move to their Flex PC on October 26th.

I am wondering what the advantages of the OS will be over say Win7-64.

I wonder about compatibility with 3rd party Flex applications.

73,
Robert
KB6QXM
"Ham Radio Open Conversation"