Hi Les,

Same situation experienced here on Saturday Afternoon after my upgrade to W8
Pro.....
Running an Intel  Quad Core CPU which previously performed very well on W7.

After booting W8 - (at least for the first 15-30 minutes), The 5000A (under
PSDR 2.4.4) really battles to stabilize.  It got so bad at times that the
audio just died completely.
 When checking the DPC Counters,  I noticed the counters above > 1000 (and
as high as >10000), incrementing occasionally.....I never noticed this
before when running W7

I have already managed some improvement by performing a general clean-up of
Processes, Services and applications on the PC.
I now only Power-off or reset the PC when I really have to and things are
going relatively OK but I am still  monitoring the PC's latency on a regular
basis ......

I am considering moving back to W7 again.  Waiting to see what experience
other Flexers are having with W8.

Thank you for taking the time to raise this.

73 de Koos
ZS6BFD