From: FlexRadio [mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of
Ronald G. Parsons
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 11:11 AM
To: FlexRadio Reflector
Subject: [Flexradio] 10 MHz input to FLEX-1500

I hooked up a 10 MHz source to my FLEX-1500 and my two
DEMI transverters (L144-28HP and L432-28HP). I heard satellite
stations on both FO-29 and VO-52. But when I tried
transmitting, I got no drive from the FLEX. After a lot of fiddling around.
I noticed that if I used an 18" BNC jumper connected with a barrel to a 36"
BNC jumper, the FLEX produced output, but with either jumper alone, I got
nothing. Why?

I have the 10 MHz source (Trimble Thunderbolt) connected to a DEMI 10-4
amplifier/filter/4-way splitter. Without the DEMI splitter, I get drive from

the FLEX. But with the splitter, I needed the two cables in series. Do you
suppose I
am getting too much 10 MHz signal from the splitter for the FLEX-1500?
And the extra cable length gave me some attenuation?

Is the drive level of the 10 MHz signal to the FLEX-1500 critical?

Ron