On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:42 PM, John Vandenberg <jvandenbe...@shaw.ca>wrote:

> I just build a small WSPR kit.  I like to verify the power out, but my
> power meter does not go that low.  It is supposed to output about 150mW.
>
>  If I use a T connector and hook it up to the dummy load and the Flex-5000
> will that work?   Will it damage the Flex?  Please some advice.

That is +23dBm and that is very likely to damage the Flex 1500. Flex does
not give specific numbers for protecting against damage but I would not
even remotely consider putting anything more than 0dBm into it and probably
not more than -10dBm. So, you need a 30dB pad between the output of your TX
and the input of the 1500.

Also, the 50 ohm input impedance of the 1500 in parallel with the 50 ohm
impedance of the dummy load would present a 25 ohm load to the TX or about
a 2:1 SWR.

So, get a proper pad.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL