Greg,

A keen observation. What you are observing is the different band specific preselectors automatically engaging and disengaging as the HD spectrum view (panadapter) and slice RX are manipulated within the sampled RF spectrum. In the video shown, there is only one frame rate (averaging) being shown no mater the width of the panadapter, so it isn't an effect of FFT averaging. You will be able to select different frame rates to "smooth out" or make the spectrum display less real time if you want a less busy display.

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Product Management, Sales & Support
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln, Suite 1-150