On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM, ric5 <r...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have question I'm also trying to set up VAC myself for the first time. I
> downloaded VAC 4.12.0.4972 (DEMO VERSION). I cannot get it to work.

That is lucky for you then.

DO NOT USE ANY DEMO VERSION OF VAC!!!!!! YOU WILL END UP TRANSMITTING A
VOICE IN THE DIGITAL PORTION OF THE BANDS IF YOU DO!!!!!

You **MUST** purchase and use the non-demo version of VAC. Just do it. It
will work.

> It works
> fine in receive mode but NO transmit. VAC 1 is the only option I can select
> on Power  SDR.

That is because you haven't configured VAC to have VAC2.

> I went thru the set up 5 times thinking I messed something.

Yes. You missed opening up the VAC control panel and creating a second
virtual audio cable.

> I'm using this with my Flex 1500, the VAC2 button is blacked out on my
> Power
> SDR ver 2.4.4. but VAC 1 you can select and works. Running  Fldigi 3.21.66
> receives fine just cannot get to transmit !
> Any tips from anyone ?

Have you read this:

https://fedorahosted.org/fldigi/wiki/Documentation/HOWTO/PowerSDR

It is a bit old but if you follow the steps it will get you where you want
to do ... AFTER YOU PURCHASE VAC.

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.