One nice thing about ham radio is the extensive variety of interests available. For example, many like to use AM for not only its nostalgic aspects but also the aspects of technical experimentation with home brew rigs, Class E transmitters, SDR radios, audiophile chains, etc. Others simply operate AM because they never changed!

-----Original Message----- From: Michael
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:37 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] education/information

I have to say that I'm surprised by the hostility that still exist from
some folks with the mere mention of SDR.  A lot of folks are just
resistant to change even if it's change for the better as in the case of
SDR. I cannot imagine ever owning a  so called "conventional" radio ever
again. I still will never forget the time I was in an online chat during
a live broadcast of the Dayton Hamvention and mentioned the fact that I
owned a Flex and a guy responded back to me that  "using the internet to
operate was not real radio" as if I was using CQ 100 or something.  It's
amazing the misconceptions that some people have. Good luck Lee!
73,
Michael, W4HIJ