Building on Peter's comments, Check why type of network adapter you are
using (its more than likely built into the motherboard of your computer but
you can see what it is by going to the device manager and looking at the
Network Adapter section.

There are several major brands. Most common is Realtek. Most computers are
using their PCIe GB chipsets. Open the device's property page (double-click
on it in the device manager) and look in the driver tab. If its realtek,
you want the driver to end in 2011. If its earlier, upgrade. If its the
latest version (eg 2012) then see if you can find an older version of the
driver on the net. The 2012 drivers have issues with DPCs.

if you have an Atheros brand, these drivers can be horrible. Try
downloading the latest one and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I would
buy an intel network adapter card, usually they are around 25 bucks and are
bullet-proof for good performance.

If you have an intel brand and the drivers are the latest, your problem
lies elsewhere.

73
Neal

Neal Campbell