Robert,

Indeed, my Flex cap is a prized possession!   Of course not as much a one as
the note I got from Gerald saying that even though I had installed one of the
classic National turns counting dials on the center front panel of my 5000A he
still considered me a "true Flexer."

That aside, the reason for the cap, I think, was to sort of apologize for the
fact that I placed the order for the Flex5000A in very early spring (I think it
was in April and none existed at that time) and the UPS driver didn't hand the
box to me until very nearly September!   But people really should be more
patient.  For example, my new, highly anticipated antenna with the boat winch
handle  from the good folks out west was ordered in an even earlier month this
year and at the moment I believe it is only now on it's way to me and is
probably on Highway  80 in South Dakota!  You really have to keep in mind the
service these little companies perform for our hobby and cut them a little
slack!

One final comment.   And you have to understand that such a cap has to have
appropriate adornments.   Like a TAPR membership pin and pins from the ARRL
indicating that you have been a member for well over 50 years and a life member
for over 40 !   The stuff people like to ignore as they walk past !

73

Lee   K9WRU