Obviously (at least I hope it was obvious), I was being facetious about
using a Neumann 150, which currently runs on the order of $6500 a copy.
 I'm a happy Heil owner and I agree that Bob has done the amateur community
a great service over the years.

But.......so often we speak to each other as if the only choices were Heil
or some ten cent POS that it is wise to remind ourselves once in a while
that there are many, many mics out there, including relatively inexpensive
studio mics that will beat the pants off anything from Heil.  And that is
no slam at Heil.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 5:51 PM, <manual...@juno.com> wrote:

> I use a D-104 with the Flex 5000 many times cause it looks cool and works
> well.
>
> Pete, wa2cwa
> http://www.manualman.com
>
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 16:41:44 -0600 "Patrick Greenlee"
> <patric...@windstream.net> writes:
> > Here is a vote for the Heil PR40.  Plenty of other mikes out there
> > and you
> > can discuss mikes to death but I have never heard a good argument
> > against
> > the PR40 other than it cost more than using a crystal ear bud and
> > gluing a
> > plastic funnel to it and shouting into the funnel.
> >
> > Why drive a screw with a hammer when there is a perfectly good tool
> > for the
> > job.
> >
> > You find me something that has more capability for the buck as
> > applied to
> > ham radio and I might want one.  Hasn't happened yet.
> >
> > Patrick NJ5G

I can explain it for you, but I can't comprehend it for you.