A late to this thread comment. I was a 5K early adopter (nothing else had
been announced). I got my 5K with the second receiver, and the 5K became
very impressive (to me) with the "beam steering" enhancement. I can hammer
an on frequency noise source, very impressive.

I will have to go to the 6700 to get the "beam steering" feature. And I
know that I will get get a 6700 (or a successor) someday.

But I have fire-wire and VAC working well into a dedicated PC and I do not
feel the need to upgrade soon.

73

Ken  AC0HO