Mike
Sorry you are fighting dragons.  I've seen this before after a
"cleaning"..... Something in the Microsoft or Flex driver stack gets
un-stacked. I would suggest you try manually "cycling" the Firewire board
driver from whatever it is to LEGACY.
1. Go to Device Manager
2.Left click on the line "IEEE 1394 HOST CONTROLLERS
3. Right click on the dirver.  Mine is set to "1394 OHCI COMPLIANT HOST
CONTROLLER"
4. Left click "Update Driver Software"
5. Left Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Left Click "Let me choose from a List....."
You will then be presented with typically 3 choices.  Choose another driver
other than what was installed.  Then click NEXT and follow the
instructions.  If you weren't on LEGACY, choose that one.  If you were,
then choose another and let it finish.
7. Reboot
8. If needed repeat the process to get to LEGACY.
9. Reboot.
10. Try that.  If that doesn't get you there, then it's likely the actual
FlexRadio driver set didn't get reinstalled properly.  This is a bit more
complex than I can type here so I'd suggest you open a ticket at
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com and get one of the guys to walk you through
it.

Good luck!
73,
Greg - K5GJ

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM, k6zsr - mike <m...@k6zsr.com> wrote:

> I did a clean install of pwr sdr 2.7.2. It will not recognize the Flex
> 5000. The driver says: No Devices Found. I did a check of the fire wire
> board and it says it is working and is compatible. I replaced the firewire
> cable with a new one and it still does not work. Before I reinstalled
> 2.7.2, I erased all past versions of SDR and their folders. Then I did a
> clean install of sdr 2.7.2....any ideas would be appreciated.
> thanks, Mike, k6zsr
>
> --
> I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing
> with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
>
> "Happiness is a direction not a destination" ---    Author Unknown

Greg Jurrens - K5GJ
VP, Sales and Business Development
FlexRadio Systems
4616 W Howard Lane Ste 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
T: 512-535-4713 x203
E: g...@flexradio.com

“Tune in Excitement” ™
PowerSDR(TM) and SmartSDR(TM) are trademarks of FlexRadio Systems(R)
Web: www.flexradio.com <http://www.flex-radio.com/>