TOM,

I use Astron 35 amp linear power supply with heat sink for Flex 6700. An Astron
25 amp switching power supply was used previously with my Flex 5000A and had NO
radio noise issues but a cooling fan that runs periodically.  I like having NO
fan noise.  Both work well at full power and are very reliable.

73, Dave W7IWW

PS:  enjoy your new 6700. It's awesome!