On 9/5/2014 10:16 PM, Steven Hess wrote:
I prefer the list as well.
I don't have the time to go digging through the "community" to find
Flex-3000 stuff.
It seems to be dominated by new product line and that is what's pushed to
the top.
It is NOT as convenient to use.

[...]

I respect and understand the decision of Flex to somewhat limit their support for my first-generation Flex rig, the SDR-1000. (And, within these limits, they have helped me on more than one occasion. And I always give them thanks for all they've done for the amateur service and for the cause of good quality signals on amateur radio.)

But it's very disappointing to me that the new community doesn't even have a section for SDR-1000 discussions between users. Every Flex rig has its section there -- but there is none for the 1000.

It appears that SDR-1000 help requests (to other community members, not the company itself) and advice are not welcome there, though I would be delighted to hear that I am wrong. I don't see how having such a section would be a burden on the company.

With my best,

Kevin.