 From: "ke...@3950.net" <ke...@3950.net>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] old sdr-1000 question

On 10/24/2014 10:37 AM, w...@reagan.com wrote:
> A friend of mine found a very nice sdr-1000 yesterday ,he asked me about the
> da converter. this 1000 has a presonus fire box ,instead of the trusty fa-66.
> will it perform as well as the fa-66 or is he wasting his time.
> thanks
> dale wt4t

[...]

I use an SDR-1000 with an FA-66. But I have heard stations using the
Presonus and they seem to work fine -- perhaps others on this list
are using one. I have also heard of people using very advanced, more
recent, sound cards with even better performance than an FA-66.

He could always buy an FA-66 on Ebay or elsewhere if he wanted to
switch:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060778.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xedirol+fa-66&_nkw=edirol+fa-66&_sacat=0

73,

Kevin, WB4AIO.