From: "Alan" <wa4...@gmail.com>
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:56:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] PowerSDR and Falling prices

At Dayton last year, Gerald committed to fixing the last real deficiency which
affects me and many others who bought the VU-5K for satellite and VHF/UHF
digital use in general: the lack of a "9600 baud" FM mode. Flex is developing a
"Digital FM" mode for SmartSDR, so they understand the need and how to code it.

We had a contact at Flex, people to test the code, etc. After some initial
contact, communications simply stopped. My understanding is that the need to
get SmartSDR working was reaching the critical level and vacuumed up the
resources. I assume that Gerald will follow through with at least one more
update to PowerSDR. There are a lot of differences in the two software
architectures, but hopefully it will be fairly easy to port the code.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA