I run woody and sid (unstable) Debian.  I use cvs source for plib,
simgear, and Flightgear.  Also used source to build glut libraries.
Spent most of my work getting the Mesa OpenGL replaced with the NVidia
OpenGL drivers.  Ditched the Debian bundled stuff for all the above.

Also built and run Atlas fine.  To my knowledge, Atlas is not packaged
by Debian.

Don Baker