Erik Hofman wrote:
 > Err, I must confess I actaully found it!  (Man, MipsPro has way too
 > many compiler switches, it was hidden int the
 > -LANG:ansi-for-init-scope=ON flag).
 >
 > Anyway, I won't bug you any more with this :-)

Doh!  Too late, I already changed it. :(

It turns out the MSVC has such a switch too, but according to
Christian it can't compile the system headers with it on.  This could
actually (probably) be fixed, since the vast majority of YASim doesn't
really require any system headers to build.  I could move every piece
of code into files compiled in isolation, and put only the interface
under the old compiler switch.

But that's a build maintenance nightmare.  At ICS, we had a few
subparts of a big project that required special build treatment under
certain platforms (if folks are ever wondering why I'm so suspicious
of 3rd party libraries, this is a big reason why), and it was awful.

After a few hours of meditation, I'm one with the C scoping thing.
I'll get through it.  But expect such "typos" to slip through in the
future. :)

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA