Julian Foad writes:
> Norman Vine wrote:
> >
> > Julian Foad writes:
> > >
> > >Can any of you debug FlightGear using the CygWin GDB?
> > >Whenever I try, I can use the basic functions (stepping,
> > >breakpoints, view source code, etc) if I am very careful to
> > >treat it gently, but when FlightGear crashes GDB tends to
> > >crash too.  I am using version 20010428-3 and I use the GUI
> > >(Insight) but I think it's the underlying GDB itself that
> > >usually crashes.
> >
> > I have great luck using Cygwin GDB with just about every
> > program except FlightGear :-(
> >
> > I have no idea as to why.
>
> I suspect OpenGL has a lot to do with it: Flight Gear is normally running in an
>OpenGL call-back, isn't it?
>
> Does GDB handle FlightGear OK under Linux, anyone?

Yes, it works great under Linux, has bailed me out on numerous
occasions. :-)

Does cygwin generate core files?  If so, after the crash you could try
running

   gdb fgfs.exe core.file.name

Then you could at least get a back trace of the crash (hopefully).

Curtis Olson   Intelligent Vehicles Lab         FlightGear Project