Mally wrote:

>Anyone with a Windows box would do better to download the Battle of Britain demo
>(and source code) if the main interest is in the virtual cockpit simulation.

Yes, the 3D cockpit is very nice, after you used it you could probably
start a real Spitfire :-) with a bit of luck. One of the good things
is the "mouse over" hint, a small text that tells you what you are
pointing at. BTW, I think they put more time into the cockpits than
the exteriour 3D.

>(The quality of the BoB
>source code has already been discussed here or in fightgear-model - check the
>archives).

Yes. There are some bad things to say about it. But it is surprising
IMHO that with fairly few man hours most of the small improvements
that people tryed to implement were implemented. I guess every
programmer will agree that this will not be possible for all or even
most 600 000 line programms. So, the original BoB programmers must
have done something right :-). I am not quite sure what it is, but
good variable / function names go a long way.

>Mally

Bye bye,
Wolfram.