This is probably a little ahead of what I'm doing right now...also it is SDL
based which means that there won't be a lot to borrow for a plib
implimentation.  I did download it....but already have some example code on
the SDL interface for doing cockpit stuff (i.e. close up objects).

Finally starting to get somewhere with AC3D,  but theres a couple things I'd
like to bring up.

1) I haven't followed the "start with a box" method....personally I'm not
interested in doing a model of the whole interior (I think the empty back
seats in Fly! are stupid....especially when you've configured a load :-)).
Mainly I just want to focus on getting a really nice looking panel without
getting too hung up in doing everyting at once.  Probably I'll add pilars if
any would show facing forward and then possibly very plain doors (if it looks
too much like you're sitting in a flying jeep otherwise).

2) Anyone know of a utility that will screen shot a DRI window in linux?  I'd
like to be able to share the progress and get some feedback once it looks like
something without folks having to have a copy of ac3d.  Might just have to
take pics off the monitor with my digital.

3) How should I determine the size to make the cockpit?  Is there any rule of
thumb for scaling?  I've just redone the model (for the third or forth time
:-)) and right now is a good point to settle on size/scaling.

Oh btw I'm leaning toward doing a c310 first...(that's the shape I started
with on this latest version).

These are the reference pictures I'm using right now (for the panel):
http://www.vickivt.com/vicki/planes/cessna%20t310q%201974_3.jpg
http://www.vickivt.com/vicki/planes/cessna%20t310r%201980_3.jpg

Best,

Jim

Flavio Villanustre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> There is a nice GPL'ed project named openfly that has a nice 3d cockpit.
> It's more a eye candy than serious simulator, but perhaps some ideas could
> be taken from there to implement a 3d cockpit for flightgear.
>
> Here it goes the URL: http://www.openfly.org.uk/
>
> latest version is from Nov 2001.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Flavio.