Fred,

You are correct. However, neither are they classes written by the user. And we
routinely get headaches from automatic int, float, pointer variables we forgets
to initialize. On the other hand, we do expect the opposite of class objects. In
fact, the whole point of a c'tor is that default initialization is predictable.
You can't forget to initialize the object in only one place.

Regards,

Charlie H.

Frederic Bouvier wrote:

> > > C'tors that don't initialize class members? Ought to have a good
> > > reason for that
> > > in the class documentation. Otherwise one is writing "time bombs"
> > > in the code.
> >
> > I believe most class members are properly initialized. There are some that
> > may not appear to be, though - that is, the vector and matrix objects in
> > JSBSim. However, when those are created they are initialized themselves.
> >
> Float, integers and pointers don't initialize themselves.
>
> Fred

"There are two major products that come out
of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe
this to be a coincidence."
                          -     J. Anderson