David Megginson wrote:

> Christian Mayer writes:
>
>  > Anyway, FGFS and SimGear via CVS is ok, even with a pay-per-minute ISDN
>  > line (used to do that a few times). But I'd get the basepackage
>  > "normally".
>
> I wouldn't recommend that ... the JSBSim formats, in particular, have
> been changing a lot (sometimes a couple of times in the same week), so
> if you have the latest CVS FlightGear, you need the latest CVS base
> package.  The whole base package is enormous, and it would be a shame
> to download the whole thing just because of a one-line change in a 2K
> text file.

Yes, but aren't the snapshots?

I'm suspicious about how CVS handles binary files. I had cvs updates
(much more than once) that transfered the whole data (I think it was
even twice) of the basepackage, although only a few files changed.

Normal text files (i.e. FGFS and SimGear itself) behaved fine.

Probably something with my settings though

CU,
Chrisitan

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...