Dawn Ellis wrote:
 > Has anyone ever tried incorporating a sub window into flightgear?  If
 > so, is there some sort of trick?
 >
 > I have a sub window running with flightgear, but it appears that
 > something in FG is overriding what happens inside the sub window.

Platform?  FlightGear's main window is an OpenGL rendering context.
I'd be surprised if there was any portable way of getting an OS
subwindow.  You'd be better off working with the PUI library inside
the context instead.

At least in X11, though, this "should" work, barring driver bugs.
With the current NVidia drivers, I can verify that a foreground window
(an xterm, whatever) properly obscures and clips the fgfs window.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA