> Andy wrote:

> Platform?  FlightGear's main window is an OpenGL rendering context.
> I'd be surprised if there was any portable way of getting an OS
> subwindow.  You'd be better off working with the PUI library inside
> the context instead.

We are running on a Windows 2000 machine, using the cygwin environment.
I've used the glutCreateSubWindow function, and I do get two windows, but FG
seems to be overriding the display callback for the subwindow.

We are using Jon's shuttle model for a landing simulation that we are
developing for the Challenger Center at the school.  We are using a modified
HUD display with special audio to simulate mission control, and the sub
window will be used to display text.

Dawn