----- Original Message -----
From: "VS Renganathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 1:19 PM
Subject: RE: [Flightgear-devel] Urgent: Network and external flight model

> Roman,
> This was dicussed earlier on this list.
> I found one disdavantage of using multicast. My packet size or structure
> kept growing as I added more computers on the network that are **not**
image
> generators but pcs used as flight test engineer station or fcs monitoring
> station etc. Why should image generators receive data that is not intended
> for it and vice versa. So I find non-blocking udp fast enough while
> maintaining packet sizes to the minmum required and I suppose bandwidth
> requirements are not too high to cause perceptible delays.
> Regards
> Ranga

I definitly agree with you here Ranga
but if you want to get fdm data syncronously to image generators you should
use multicast
because all ig get data at the same time
you can create multiply multicast groups (one for IGs another form panel
HUD )
but I think that for IGs - best is multicast (no delays between channels)