[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:19:00PM -0600, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
>
> > From your image, it really looks like you may have a driver bug.
>
> Yes, that is indeed likely. However, it doesn't appear to be a
> memory issue. The problem is very specifically triggered by the
> moon entering the active view. I have flown fgfs far and wide
> with --disable-skyblend, which works just fine. No moon, no
> problem. So what I'd like to know is what's so special about that
> moon.

Have a look at the moon rendering code in simgear if you like, but the
moon is using a blend mode other than the default blend mode so that
we can blend it into the gradient sky.  I wouldn't be surprised if
your driver doesn't handle all the blend modes correctly.  It's off
the beaten path, but not by a lot.

> I tried running with --disable-textures, same result. (But this
> option doesn't affect moon texturing.)

I don't think it is a texturing issue from what you have said.

> > Do you know if there is a more recent version of your voodoo2 driver
> > available to install?
>
> Do you know how hard it is to _find_ a voodoo2 driver these days?
> Some time ago a big company, which shall remain nameless, bought
> 3dfx. They have now opted to yank the 3dfx site, and all support for
> old cards with it. (That alone is reason enough not to buy their
> cards.)

Yes, I wish there was more choice in the 3d graphics world.  You could
always try an ATI card.  People have been reporting pretty good
results with their cards.  I personally have very few complaints about
my nvidia card.

Regards,