Tony Peden writes:

> --- "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Jim Wilson writes:
> > > Hope they disconnected the usb Flamethrower first
> > :-)  I'm getting the same
> > > thing with CL77.  Some screwy looking airstrip.
> > There still seems to be some
> > > problems with altitude between fg and jsbsim.  A
> > workaround is to add a
> > > --alititude=(runway elevation) to the command
> > line.
> > >
> > > This perhaps is a naive question,  but why aren't
> > we kicking in the FDM after
> > > the plane is on the runway during initialization?
> >
> > We are actually doing this.  We don't initialize the
> > FDM until the
> > scenery subsystem is reporting a valid ground
> > elevation.  However, for
> > some starting locations it appears that the initial
> > reported elevation
> > is incorrect the first frame and then updated to the
> > correct elevation
> > the second frame.
>
> Did my 'fix' to fgFDMForceAltitude() get in to the
> 0.7.9 release?

I'm working from CVS and I am still seeing this at CL77.

However, I appear to have identified a flightgear bug which is
initialization order dependent ... i.e. the first scenery elevation
returned can some times be for the wrong location, giving the wrong
altitude.  Subsequent scenery elevations are correct because the
various position values are all synced up by then.