> I'm not sure any one has had flightgear running on a sun box in recent
> memory.  This means that whatever problems you have encountered
> building on the solaris platform probably have been lurking for years
[...]

I _had_ a Solaris binary sometime summer 2000 using recent GCC and Solaris
'ld'. So it _was_ possible. Maybe it's still possible, but I don't have the
time to verify by now. I promise that I'll try to fix the Solaris build
process - but don't hold your breath, you might be waiting several weeks for
it ....
Even if I succeed in building a binary I won't be able to test it because
it's only a four way Sparc20 without graphics board I'm running Solaris on,

Martin.