David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim Wilson writes:
>
>  > This seems to pretty much correct the problem.  Part of the problem
>  > is that rotations are occuring at the firewall (model origin) which
>  > seems a little un-natural inside the cockpit.  The rest of the
>  > problem is I am just learning how this stuff works (I know I've
>  > been saying this for a couple months now...but hey I'm slow :-)).
>
> Thanks -- the internal cockpit view seems much better.  Now the ball's
> in Andy's court to patch up the virtual panel code (and de-quat the
> mouse code), and we're flying!

It's still a little weird with a steep roll angle.  Found an article on
quarternions.  It seems that they can be used to solve the problem of the
rotation being off center.  Not sure yet how to apply it to this problem.
Maybe if we can feed it an axis that appears a little behind the origin, apply
the euler pitch, and convert it to a rotation matrix it'll move more
realistically:

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1691.asp#Q47

Best,

Jim