Norman Vine wrote:
> Erik Hofman writes:
>
>>Norman Vine wrote:
>>

>>>I'd better just go back into lurk mode I guess
>>>
>>Preferably not. The code improves the framerate by a factor which you
>>meantioned earlier, but also makes the framerate quite steady.
>>
>>So you must have done something right!
>>

> The routine is useless if it isn't perfect though :-(

Well that's been solved. Thanks!

> But as you say the improvement is rather dramatic esp. when
> in the vicinity of an airport and it's MANY 'teeny' triangles :-)

I'm realy impressed by the effect of the code. The higher I get, the
higher the framerate! This makes me believe we could actually enlarge
the view range when getting at a higher altitude.

I start from 10 fps on the runway all the way up to 22 fps at 5000 feet
(when starting with --disable-skyblend). Deactivating the textures at
that altitude gives even 27 fps!

This *must* be the right way. ;-)

Thanks again Norman.

Erik