Andy Ross writes:

 >  > Tony reported back to the list on a more organic test -- he un-inlined
 >  > the most common inline methods in JSBSim, and discovered a slight (but
 >  > not exciting) speed *increase*.
 >
 > Actually, my interest would be in a different benchmark: how much does
 > removing all the inlined code help the *compile* times? :)

Well, it will kill you the first time, of course.  After than, I'm
sure it will help a bit, but the biggest benefit will come because the
header files won't be modified as often when the implementation is in
the C++ files, and as a result, dependencies won't be triggered all
the time.

All the best,

David

--