> You can do it with your keypad as well (unless you have a notebook,
> like I do).

On mine, I can use shifted-arrow-keys for 90 degree steps, or
shifted-pageup and shifted-pagedown for the diagonal right views
with shifted-home and shifted-end for the diagonal left views.
It's better than sillybluekey-shift-lookdownandfindthe-unobviousletterkey.

Use shift-page-down when starting down for the turn from downwind to base
in right traffic, use shift-end near the end of left traffic downwind.
I find it relatively easy to remember ...