< moved to the devel list for general info >

WOW !

This appears to be a bug in the latest NVIDIA drivers
Reverting to any of several of their earlier ones and the
problem goes away.

I'll have to investigate this some more at some point
but for now I will just be happy that I know how to get
around it :-))

FYI
This 'bug' appears on Win2k using the NVIDIA 28.32 reference
driver with a geForce2 GTS

Bummer --
This driver has lots of neat new features  < OpenGL 2.0 >
that I wanted to experiment with :-(

Hopefully this won't be a problem in the next release !

Norman