Julian Foad writes:

 > It spins even when the model is parked and the engine stopped.  If
 > pause mode is on, it spins more slowly but still does not stop.

This was fixed in JSBSim a week or so ago -- unless something else has
undone the change, try updating to the newest FlightGear CVS.  The
model just shows what the FDM is reporting.

 > The two blades are not twisted relative to each other: one blade is
 > pushing and the other pulling.

Yes, that needs to be fixed, but I'm still trying to understand it
(even my own preflight inspections of a real C172 prop aren't helping
me yet).

 > The transparency feature is not working for me, so the propellor
 > disc suddenly appears as an opaque object.  I have applied David
 > Megginson's plib-smoothing.dif and my plib (from CVS) already
 > appears to have the equivalent of the transparency patch.

Are you sure you have installed the new plib and linked with it?  Is
anyone else using the newest CVS plib getting an opaque propeller disk?

Thanks,

David

--
David Megginson