On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:08:48 +0200,
"Geoff McLane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<015a01c1ed23$890f3cc0$3f39e8c3@unika1>:

> Strange Scenery Bug!
>
> I again went S down the Calif. coast. The first
> instance of this 'crack' in the scenery was
> around 36D 59.981N -122D 11.236W. As i passed
> this point the OCEAN dropped about 25 feet!

..can be correct!  ;-)

..in chartography, maps models "tiles" and has local origins,
going 10 km south from Stavanger, Norway to Sandnes, the map
origin "tile" drops about 1.5 feet across the city borderline.

..we use _flat_ tiles, rather than _ellipsoidic_ tiles in FG?

> Thus when i passed over this 'crack' and turned
> back sort of N to face it, the ocean was at
> two levels. What is happening here?

..this sounds less correct.  Gurus!

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: