Andy Ross writes:

 > But the language itself is pretty mild.  It's a lot like perl and
 > python -- hashes and vectors are the core data structures, with syntax
 > support for common idioms like regular expressions and function
 > calling.  Object naming is represented explicitly as a hash lookup,
 > etc...

That's my thinking as well.  Personally, I'd be just as happy with
Perl or even Python, but there are probably many more people out there
who know JavaScript syntax.  Once we remove all the browser-specific
stuff, as you say, it should be nice and compact.

So, Andy, here's your challenge -- you wrote YASim to prove how small
and simple an FDM could be; how about showing us how small and simple
a JavaScript implementation can be?  I'm sure FlightGear isn't the
only project that would benefit.  If it's small enough, it might even
be useful for handhelds and the embedded market (I'd love a
programming environment on my Palm V, for example)

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/